Webinar 1.2: MiCA’s future standards and guidelines
The XReg team reviews noteworthy requirements that are still to be determined, including liquidity, environmental impact and reverse solicitation.
In webinar 1.2 covering Europe’s new crypto-asset law, Markets in Crypto-assets Regulation (MiCA), the XReg team reviews the following:
- A recap of the MiCA basics
- A review of the 38 forthcoming Technical Standards and Guidelines for:
- Issuers of stablecoins (ARTs, EMTs)
- Issuers of other tokens
- Crypto-asset service providers (CASPs)
- Others caught by MiCA
- A deep-dive on four noteworthy ones:
- The definition of crypto-assets as financial instruments
- Reverse solicitation
- Liquidity requirements for reserve assets
- Guidelines for reporting on the environmental impact of consensus mechanisms
To access the slides from the presentation, click here.
France gets ahead of the game on MiCA
Digital asset businesses entering the French market will have to adhere to many of the EU’s MiCA requirements by as early as January 2024.