Crypto is global, and we are too.
Our international team is based throughout Europe, the UK, Gibraltar, South America and the Caribbean. We give our people the flexibility to work how they work best, whether it’s remote, office-based or a mixture of the two.
The benefits of a career at XReg
30 Vacation Days
Generous Leave Packages
Training & Development Programs
Regular Team Building Activities
Annual Company Retreat
What we do
Offer people careers (not jobs)
Think the unthinkable
Work hard and play hard
Make up our own affirmations (Harambe!)
Reward good ideas
Leave our egos at the door
Travel the world
Advocate for a work-life balance
Eat good food*
*We even have a Slack channel dedicated to it.
Are you ready to work alongside cryptoasset thought leaders, policymakers, industry players, and technical experts?
We are actively hiring for the following roles.
We are looking to grow our team of consultants. The role is suitable for someone experienced in cryptoasset regulation, or in a related field, who can quickly identify key areas of focus in a client brief and devise effective measures to address them. Successful candidates will be expected to work in regulatory, public policy and AML/CFT practice areas.
Consultants play a pivotal role at XReg and must be comfortable in a fast-moving environment. They are expected to undertake independent research and analysis, make recommendations and provide advice, sometimes supervising the work of others, and often working on multiple assignments at any one time. Mainly working under the direction of a partner, they may have direct responsibility to clients on certain assignments. Applicants should be willing to develop particular sectoral or geographic expertise if they do not already possess it.
This role does not entail specific responsibilities for revenue generation, although successful candidates will be expected to participate in activities to grow the business.
- Research and write client-ready reports and advice notes, where necessary, identifying and collating information from a variety of sources and jurisdictions.
- Ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Draw out actionable material from complex datasets.
- Identify and develop new research tools, methodologies, and sources of information.
- Liaise with clients, regulators, policymakers, and public authorities.
- Supervise the work of others on individual assignments.
- Participate in drafting client proposals and broader business growth initiatives.
- Consult with and take direction from partners and clients on project status, timing, and deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 or more years’ experience in a similar role or in a junior role in a similar, related activity; or specialising in crypto-assets at a financial regulator or central bank, or in financial intelligence, law enforcement, policymaking, or at a law, accountancy or advisory firm.
- Sound working knowledge of financial services regulation and distributed ledger technology.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to think laterally about complex problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Good numerical and data analysis skills.
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation.
- Exceptional English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to explain complex events and concepts in clear and concise terms.
- Broad understanding of the interrelationship between public policy, regulation, financial services, commerce, economics and international politics. Knowledge of legal and financial crime principles.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team to drive project delivery.
- Good prioritisation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Second language skill, an advantage.
- Experience in supervising others, an advantage.
Travel and Remote Working
Although XReg operates from Gibraltar, Argentina, Brussels and the Bahamas, XReg consultants are free to work from home and to be based anywhere in the world. When necessary, they are expected to make themselves available during our office hours or in clients’ time zones. The successful candidate will be required to travel, including internationally, as needs dictate.
Applicants will be interviewed remotely and may be required to undertake a test. If you would like to discuss this or other XReg job opportunities or to be considered to join the team, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.