XReg Consulting is a boutique policy and regulatory affairs consultancy specialising in crypto-assets. We help governments, regulators and public authorities, financial institutions and crypto industry businesses by providing strategic advice and operational support. The team, led by former policymakers and financial supervisors with extensive experience in regulating crypto-asset service providers, operates globally on one-off projects and ongoing engagements for a wide variety of organisations.
We are looking for a Project Manager to oversee tasks and help our business manage its projects and workload. This role will fulfil an increasingly important function within XReg to balance project and workload timeframes, budgets, and overall scope.
The role is suitable for someone experienced in project management, who can proactively communicate with team members and management, provide direction, keep a project on goal, quickly identify key areas of focus in a client brief and devise effective measures to coordinate and bring a project to completion whilst ensuring that goals are reached. Experience in regulatory, public policy or AML/CFT practice areas is not necessary but is preferred.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role at XReg and must be comfortable in a fast-moving environment. Mainly working under the direction of a partner, they may have direct responsibility to clients on certain assignments. Applicants should be willing to develop particular sectoral or geographic expertise if they do not already possess it.
The position is a full time role with an initial probation period of 6 months. This role does not entail specific responsibilities for revenue generation, although successful candidates will be expected to participate in activities to grow the business.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/clients for the flawless execution of multiple projects.
- Ensure that all projects and deliverables are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives (includes assisting with the drafting of proposals), involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to share with clients, staff members and to monitor and track progress. This includes tracking project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders.
- Perform project risk management to minimize potential risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarifying specific requirements of each projects.
- Delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned such as administrative and office support.
- Format information for internal and external communications such as memos, emails, presentations, reports.
- Assisting with event organisation, both internal and external, in a capacity both logistical and creative.
- Supervise the work of others on individual assignments.
- Participate in drafting client proposals and broader business growth initiatives.
- Consult with and take direction from partners and clients on project status, timing, and deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or 2 years plus equivalent work experience.
- Experience with project management software tool.
- Sound working knowledge of financial services regulation and distributed ledger technology is not necessary but is considered a plus.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to think laterally about complex problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good numerical and data analysis skills.
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation.
- Exceptional English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to explain complex events and concepts in clear and concise terms.
- Broad understanding of the interrelationship between public policy, regulation, financial services, commerce, economics and international politics is considered an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team to drive project delivery.
- Good prioritisation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Second language skill, an advantage.
- Experience in supervising others, an advantage.
Travel, Remote Working and Packages
Although XReg operates from Gibraltar, Brussels and London, employees are free to work from home. When necessary, you may be expected to make yourself available during our office hours or in clients’ time zones. Once the COVID-19 pandemic has abated, the successful candidate may be required to travel, including internationally, as needs dictate.
We offer a competitive remuneration and annual leave package as well as other benefits.
Applicants will be interviewed remotely and may be required to undertake a test. If you would like to discuss this or other XReg job opportunities or to be considered to join the team, please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you are authorising XReg to process your personal data, in accordance with Gibraltar law, for the purposes of applying to this vacancy.